Lessons and Innovations in Law Enforcement and Public Health
Call for presentations
The Global Association for Law Enforcement and Public Health (GLEPHA) is hosting its 2022 Marketplace of Ideason 5-23 September 2022 to showcase practical approaches and innovations in policing and public health being implemented across diverse global settings. Such programs are often jointly led by people both from law enforcement and public health backgrounds, and demonstrate the power of partnership to in improving community safety and well-being.
Do you have an innovative law enforcement/policing and public health program, partnership or collaboration to present?
The 2022 GLEPHA Marketplace of Ideas is an exciting platform for practitioners to showcase their program/projects and share their experiences, successes, challenges and lessons learned. It will also be an opportunity to network, strengthen alliances and be inspired by others reaching for related goals or facing similar challenges. The Marketplace audience will include policy-makers, academics, practitioners and people with lived experience.
Presenting your program at the event…
GLEPHA is calling for expressions of interest from individuals, program teams and/or organizations that would like to present during the Marketplace of Ideas, which takes place from 5-23 September 2022. Programs submitting expressions of interest will undergo review and selection by the Program Committee.
If you are involved in a program that you feel is innovative, practical and useful for others to hear about, we hope you will send in a brief expression of interest. We encourage submissions from programs covering a wide range of law enforcement and public health themes and topics, including:
- law enforcement and mental health
- violence prevention
- deflection and diversion
- policing and pandemics
- law enforcement and harm reduction
- supporting vulnerable groups and communities
- policing and indigenous communities
- human trafficking and modern slavery
- responding to neurodisability in law enforcement settings
- first responder wellness
- other related themes and topics
- We are seeking to showcase practical examples of programs/projects and partnerships spanning law enforcement and public health. Where possible, we encourage joint presentations by two or more speakers, such as one from each partner involved in a program (e.g. police, public health/social welfare, local government etc.).
- Consideration will be given to a balance of perspectives across geographical regions. Taking into account language considerations, we will aim for 50% of the presentations from countries in the Global South.
- It would be great if you have an evaluation to present, but not necessary.
Individual presentations will be allocated around 10-15 minutes each.
Given that this is an online event, we encourage you to make your presentations as interactive and engaging as possible for audiences both during and after the event. Presentations ideas can take many visual formats:
- Live or pre-recorded presentations by law enforcement and public health partners.
- Live or pre-recorded presentations showing the program itself, such as interviews with program staff and/or clients. This could include interviews with evaluators and/or other stakeholders.
- Short documentary videos or photographic presentations.
- Or other forms of virtual experiences for participants.
We encourage you to think as creatively as possible in developing your presentation, and hope that materials you prepare for the GLEPHA Marketplace of Ideas will help you promote awareness of your program beyond the event itself. In some cases, the GLEPHA team can support speakers with preparing their presentations, if needed.
Deadline for expressions of interest: Wednesday 22nd June 2022
Selected programs/presentations will be advised by: Thursday 30th June 2022