Subscribe to the LEPH eNews (free)
Subscribe to our free eNews to receive updates about LEPH news and events across the globe.
Becoming a member
Members are joining a community of diverse people, from disparate fields and different countries. We aim to embody the values we work towards: equality, inclusion and respect.
Our membership form will ask you a few questions, such as what country you’re participating from and your interest areas. This information is so that we can learn about you to better plan events, foster collaborations, and build a stronger network which works for you. Filling out the membership form should only take a few minutes. You will receive formal membership notification and welcome letter shortly thereafter. We take your privacy seriously, all information is secured the best we can, is strictly for our professional use, and will not be shared outside GLEPHA.
Memberships are valid for one (1), two (2) and up to five (5) years from the date of joining. Payments are processed securely through PayPal.
We are aware of the value and power of inclusion. If you would like to join but are held back by the dues, our members sometimes have contributed beyond their dues for this purpose. Please write to us, as at times we will be able to provide assistance.
The benefits of GLEPHA membership
As a young organization, we hope that together we can develop several different kinds of benefits for members. This depends upon each of us, and how we share what we know, collaborate, form new relationships, and build an intellectual home which fosters curiosity
- Members are part of an international network of students and professionals who will have access to curated full text articles relevant to law enforcement and public health.
- Members can join informal discussion groups to facilitate knowledge exchange and creation of new collaborations.
- Members can join Special Interest Groups (SIGs) which focus on specific areas of interest, and will get assistance and inspiration from the organization for sharing the fruits of that work, whether in articles, webinars, power points, or GLEPHA conference presentations.
- Members are encouraged to develop ideas for Special Interest Groups, and GLEPHA will help facilitate finding group members who share that interest and have relevant expertise.
- Members are encouraged to share datasets in our Members’ Only section to help members collaborate on unique research projects relevant to law enforcement and public health.
- Members who are conducting research can post their projects to look for participants.
- Members can develop working partnerships and mentor others in consultation skills as the organization fields consultation questions from the public and from within the organization.
- These consultation skills are themselves the bridges between law enforcement and public health which GLEPHA hopes to nurture and sustain.
- Members have the opportunity to post information about their individual projects and programs to share knowledge, experiences and to help inspire others.
- Members can ask to write guest blogs which will go out over our social media
- Members will receive a discount when they register for GLEPHA conferences.