Six regional researchers are currently conducting a scoping exercise to identify, investigate and document innovative LEPH-related activities, projects and/or programmes on protection of public safety and provision of health and social service. We’d like to introduce the team and encourage you to reach out to them with suggestions of initiatives they should be looking at:
- Africa: Munya Katumba is assisting the Centre for Law Enforcement and Public Health in development of a regional law enforcement and public health network in Africa.
- Asia Pacific: Associate Professor Police Lieutenant Colonel Dr Krisanaphong (Tong) Poothakool has served more than 25 years in Royal Thailand Police.
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia: Iriskulbekov Erkinbek Belekovich is a lawyer and mentor in the Global Fund “Overcoming Legal Barriers” project, which provides free legal aid and support to vulnerable groups of the population, including people who use drugs.
- Latin America: Jaime Arredondo Sánchez Lira is a professor at the Drug Policy Program in the Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económica (CIDE) in Aguascalientes, Mexico.
- North America: Maureen ‘Mo’ McGough is Chief of Staff at The Policing Project at the New York University School of Law.
- Western Europe: Michelle McManus is Subject Head of Criminal Justice, within the School of Justice Studies at Liverpool John Moores University.
If you know or manage a project/programme that should be documented by the EtF team, please share some initial details using this form and the relevant researcher will be in touch soon.